The Walter & Irvine Difference
Real Estate - Sold Ethically
- Walter & Irvine has proudly and successfully operated since 2000 using a method of real estate practice that focuses on ethics and client care.
- The first principle of ethical conduct is ‘do no harm’. Walter & Irvine do not recommend any sales techniques that could potentially put clients at risk. From an ethical standpoint many of the tactics and practices that ‘typical’ agents use are not in the client’s best interest, and therefore we avoid many methods of sale that are commonly used in the industry.
- Our agency system meets the highest ethical standards in Australia and our commitment to ethics and honesty are recognised nationally.
- The real estate industry in Australia has based its common practises on methods of sale that suit the agent and not necessarily the home seller.
- Many agents have adopted ETHICS as a “buzz word” and use it to gain trust from consumers. Merely claiming to be ethical does not make you ethical. An agent can be an honest person, but can still unknowingly use unethical systems of selling. This is where many property sellers fall victim to believing the claim of ethics and honesty. You can’t be an honest and ethical agent, and then use unethical systems of selling. Ask any agent what they know about ethics? Have they studied or read any books on the topic?
- Good agents do not use cliches about ‘the market’, they do not talk about ‘exposure’. They talk about what you want and they show you how to get it with safety and efficiency.
If you are thinking of selling and would like an honest and guaranteed appraisal, contact us on (08) 8272 9277 or click here.
Risk Free Price Quoting
- Clients who choose to sell with us receive a written guarantee that the selling price we quote is honest and accurate. What does this guarantee mean? If your property sells for less than our quoted price (unless there is a valid reason agreed between the sellers and the agent), then you are entitled to pay us whatever you think is fair for the work we have done.
- Our NO SALE – NO CHARGE selling option is also risk free to our sellers who pay nothing even if we've already invested our own funds in to advertise and market your property. This places all the risk and responsibility on us to perform, which is how it should be.
- You can see our guarantee here.
- One of the biggest (and most expensive) mistakes that sellers make, is to choose an agent base on the lowest commission fee and the highest quoted sale price. On the surface this may seem attractive, as the seller would think that they will end up with the most money in their pocket. But often the result is very much different.
No matter which agent you choose it is always a good idea to protect yourself and your property by having the agent sign the Home Sellers Protection Guarantee for you before you sign their agency agreement. Some people have called this document ‘A lie detector test for agents’
- We encourage our clients to choose the most effective and proven methods of sale that will achieve the absolute best sale outcome.
- As private treaty specialists, Walter & Irvine are trained in negotiating high prices and recommend private treaty over any other method of sale.
- The WALTER & IRVINE HIGHEST PRICE NEGOTIATION SYSTEM is the BEST way to ensure the absolute maximum price for your property. And it is the only way we can GUARANTEE to achieve the highest price from the buyer.
- Each property we sell has a measured marketing strategy that targets interested buyers, not simply ‘all people’. This ensures your property reaches its target market in the most effective and efficient way. This unique strategy is careful not to over expose your property needlessly to non-buyers at your expense. We are only interested in the very best buyers who will pay top dollar for your property.
- During negotiations we use the Buyers Highest Price Declaration as a means to obtain the highest possible price for the you.
- Described by the Real Estate Institute of Australia as “the fastest and best conditioning method” most agents prefer to sell using Auction. In a nutshell, this method is the most risky and ineffective sale method for the home seller. It is a highly stressful experience for both seller and buyer.
- Auctions are great for the agent. It gives the agent a huge amount of control and is great for persuading the sellers to accept a lower price than was initially quoted. If the bidding fails to reach expectations the pressure is often so high that the sellers feel like they are forced to sell at any price. This is because if the property fails to sell at Auction it can give a perfectly lovely home a ‘lemon’ tag and decrease its value.
- An Auction is heralded as a success if it sells above the reserve. Always remember, the ‘reserve’ is the vendor’s LOWEST PRICE! Who wants to sell at their lowest price?! Yes, Auctions can appear to get a HIGH price but they very rarely get the HIGHEST PRICE. The highest price can only be reached using a highly skilled negotiator on your behalf.
“We interviewed various agents. Walter & Irvine had the best method for selling. We agreed it was unnecessary to advertise in magazines, have open inspections and run the risks associated with the auction system. We are grateful to Kevin for negotiating a far better price than if our property had been auctioned.”
Helen & Garth Rogers FULLARTON.
- We qualify buyers diligently when they enquire on one of our properties, and each buyer’s requirements are noted and maintained on our database.
- We recommend private inspections, as they are more secure, and allow buyers time and space to get a real feel for the property. Many buyers have told us they find it hard to ask questions of an agent if there is a large number of people in the home. Any negative comment from other people could also affect a genuine buyer’s thoughts regarding price.
- We endeavour to eliminate people who are time wasters and sticky beaks.
- This protects the value of your home.
- One of the main reasons an agent tries to get to get as many people as possible through an open inspection, is to find more potential sellers.
- The agent also appears successful when a large number of people inspect the property. But what sort of people are looking? Many people attending an open inspection, have no interest in actually buying. They could be neighbours interested in seeing how you have decorated your kitchen, or people who are just browsing and not in a position to buy yet. They might even be petty thieves!
- We are proud to be a local expert and independent family run business.
- Local knowledge can make all the difference in real estate sales. Kevin Walter has lived and worked in the Unley/Mitcham area for more than 35 years. You can see many of the properties we have sold here.
- Kevin’s experience extends to both rural and beach side properties and he has a large contact base of other like-minded agents who he has worked closely with on many occasions.
- Our satisfied sellers are our best form of advertising. Most of our clients come from word of mouth referrals or are repeat clientele. Our aim is to delight our clients, and we are extremely proud of our client reviews.
- The staff at Walter & Irvine are available 7 days a week to help you with your real estate needs.
- In franchise groups or large high profile agencies, there is always extreme pressure for a salesperson to meet their sales targets. This interoffice competition can create an environment where a client becomes a number. The agent transfers their pressure to make a sale onto the seller without regard for achieving the highest price. Working under the larger banner of a franchise means that personal side of real estate can easily be lost.
Some agents will sell using any method
you ask for and this includes having private
buyer inspections and selling ‘by negotiation’.
Don’t get tricked into paying a lesser fee
to an incompetent negotiator.
You will lose more in the long run.